The impossible journey of a madman through Final Fantasies I to IX. What is this?

  Thursday, August 19, 2004

Fixed

Well, I got it working. I am learning about CSS quickly with this whole process. I don't know the more complicated stuff, but the basics are becoming more and more clear to me.

I'm just happy I got it working. I like the navbar, I just didn't like the fact that it hosed my design. There are a few things in the template I wasn't sure about and don't know if they'll work. I'm guessing that they are some provisions for older browsers. If you find yourself on one of those or my site looks weird for whatever reason, I recommend going and downloading the best browser around right now: Mozilla Firefox.

I suppose I could tell you about the problem. The picture of Chaos (final boss of Final Fantasy) over on the left there was set up as the background of the <body> of my html code. I then set the left padding (kind of an "inside" margin) of the <body> tag to the width of the picture to push everything to the right and uncover the picture.

The problem arose when the new navbar code gets loaded after my code and sets the <body> padding back to zero so that the navbar will span the entire length of the top of the page. I played around with multiple padding and margin schemes to no avail when it finally dawned on me that I just needed an extra wrapper <div>. So the <body> stays as it now is, with no padding or margin, and below the navbar another <div> starts with the same charateristics that my <body> used to have. And we have what you now see.

So there you have it, I've been kind of fuming all day and all I had to do was think a little.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home