The impossible journey of a madman through Final Fantasies I to IX. What is this?

  Monday, September 27, 2004

Wanted:

Party of Light Warriors seeking wandering bands of Goblins. Looking to gain experience. Can you help? Meet us in woods surrounding city.

The pictures I'm capturing seem to be a little blurry, I haven't figured out why. But this is what we have for now. I started off the game pretty standardly. I bought the best equipment I could afford for everyone, I'll list it later when I turn the game back on, I didn't even think of that. Plus, I bought a couple of spells for my wizards. Then I proceeded to walk around the city, staying close to the life giving inn, and killing Goblins to start the leveling up process. I think I'll get mostly to level 3 before I start going further looking for more wolves and giants.

The first real batch of pics:

Here is the King and his advisor, surprised that we have the crystals fortold by prophesy. I am actually a big fan of those kind of "emoticons". They were used extensively in Tales of Destiny 2 and I enjoyed them there.


Here is my first fight against deadly Goblins.



Experience is always nice.


Holy cow, I am already level 2! Wandering around the woods outside of town looking for Goblins is always fun.


I finally decided to start using some of Inky's firepower.


The ladies in this town seem a little forward to me.


Finally a rest, and the game will be saved. I wanted to hold out for level 3 but that would have taken a long time just killing Goblins and I was already out of spells.


3 Comments:

At 7:07 AM, Blogger Steve Eck said...

Wow, the graphics are much improved from the original NES version. Although they look suspciously like the enemies and background tiles were copied from (say) FF4.

A hardcore FF fanatic might even play the original NES version for true nostalgia. But then that fantatic's eyes might start to bleed, from the blocky graphics and 256 colors.

You should post a retro shot of the original look of the game compared to the version you are playing.

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Steve Eck said...

I couldn't resist, screenshots of FF1 in its original 8-bit glory:

Outside the first townIn battle with deadly ImpsApparently I had a good imagination when I was a kid.

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Brenden Johnson said...

Ha! I totally forgot to post the obligatory outside of town shot. I might have gotten one, I'll have to look and post it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home