The impossible journey of a madman through Final Fantasies I to IX. What is this?

  Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Movin' on up

So I played for a little bit tonight (maybe a few pictures tomorrow). (By the way, are there any types of pictures that are more or less interesting than others? Any kind that you haven't seen that you'd like to? I've only been playing for like an hour and a half, so I haven't seen a ton yet, but ideas are always welcome.)

I went in and defeated Garland very easily. And I was mistaken, the Temple of Fiends is now actually called the Temple of Chaos. Kind of a foreshadowing. (and if you've played and beat the game before, you know what I mean). I forgot to go back and clean out the Temple of its treasure chests, so I'll be doing that next. I did bring the princess back to her castle, for which everyone was very appreciative. The king was so glad that he built me a bridge. He couldn't spare a few dollars (or Gil) to buy me some sweet equipment, or let me into the armory, but he had the time and money to construct a bridge over a strait to the next continent. Oh, wait. This is a console role playing game, it's not supposed to make sense.

On a side note, if you find little inconsistancies in games like that funny, check this out:

The Grand List of Console Role Playing Game Cliches.

It's hilarious if you've spent any time playing any of these games.

Anyway, after the bridge was built we made a trek north to find some tougher enemies. The first one we found was a Wild Horse, and then a very tough Lizard. We hadn't stayed at the inn after fighting Garland so when we met up with four Wild Horses, we decided to make a break for it, after the Horses got in their preemptive strikes. First Blinky tried to run and didn't make it, then Clyde, with no success, Pinky was next, it was a no go. With hope running out Inky tried with one last gasp and succeeded. We were out of there. With only a few Goblins met along the way we high-tailed it to the inn for a well deserved rest.

Fully restocked with HP and MP we headed north for Matoya's Cave. Matoya is a blind witch that can only see when she has her crystal eye. The crystal, predictably, is missing. She has no clue where it might be, so we'll just have to look around a bit. On my way to her cave we ran into a few tough enemies. An Ogre and a Gigas Worm (??) tried to stop us twice, but both times we were able to beat them down. We ran across a cobra as well and were able to kill it before it had a chance to poison us.

Back to the inn for another rest, but not before gaining level 4! That is where I now stand. The plan next is to head back to the Temple and clean it of its items. Then head north and east to the next town which I believe is Provoka.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home